Monday, October 3, 2022

Mon 3rd Oct 2022 - Hồ Chí Minh City, Vietnam to Siem Reap Cambodia

Mon 3 Oct Day 12 - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) - Siem Reap

Sunrise 5:41am Sunset 5:53pm


Today we will fly to Siem Reap, the gateway to Cambodia’s incredible Angkor region. Upon arrival we’ll transfer to our hotel before this evening’s welcome dinner. We’ll travel by tuk tuk to a local restaurant serving typical Khmer dishes.

Hotel: Treeline Urban Resort, Siem Reap https://www.treelinehotels.com

Included Meals: Breakfast Dinner


Only 5 of us have continued on to Cambodia.  Ron & Diane, Sarah & Marie and yours truly.

We were picked up at 9:45 and were at the airport in plenty of time.  We lined up at the correct check in counter but Ngok/Ruby was told that they were still checking in passengers for Phnom Penh and that the flight to Siem Reap wouldn’t start check in until 11am.  I took a loo break and when I returned Ngok had been called away and Sarah was in charge of the group check in.

Eventually the counter opened for our flight. Our carry-on, as well as as the checked luggage was weighed. Diane had to do some rearranging of her carry-on but the rest of us were ok. We were flying with Cambodia Angkor Air. It was a small plane like a dash 8. I looked it up and it was an ATR 72-500.  We loaded and exited through the back door and I couldn’t see a front one.

We had to show our vaccination certificates for this flight.

There was a long queue at security but the line moved very quickly.

It was a bus gate. The flight was due for departure at 1:40 but got off the ground after 2pm.

The flight was just over an hour and we had to fill in 3 forms. One with all our vaccination info, one for immigration and I forget who the 3rd one was for.  Pretty much the same info to be filled in on all 3, apart from the vaccination info.


We were met by our local guide, Selia and were on our way to the hotel by 4pm.

We had a welcome dinner tonight at the Crystal Angkor Restaurant, which featured traditional dancers performing during dinner. The food was delicious and I enjoyed the entertainment.


We left there around 9pm and were back at the hotel 5 or 10 minutes later.


Our day tomorrow starts at 9am and I think it will be a very busy day.


I’ll post some photos and say goodnight.



I don’t know why but I can’t upload videos. The inside courtyard at our hotel Treeline Urban Resort.
Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thu 6th & Fri 7th Oct 2022 - Getting Home

Thu 6 Oct Day 15 - Depart Siem Reap to Singapore Sunrise in Siem Reap 5:54am Sunset in Singapore 6:55pm SQ165 REP – SIN Se...